Secondary Cable Fault Locators
Underground Cable Fault Locator with Automatic Cable-Saving Voltage Control*
The EG-3000 is the culmination of 20 years of fault locator development based on field experience. It is a complete system, employing the most effective fault location electronics and many safety and operational convenience features. The most outstanding of these is the system’s Automatic Cable-Saving Voltage Control.*
When pulsing a line to establish a fault, the EG-3000 applies only the breakdown voltage needed. As important, once the breakdown or flash to the ground is achieved, the voltage is automatically reduced to the minimum amount needed to keep the fault alive, and the fault current is increased. Up to 2.2 amps can be located through asphalt and concrete or dry sand and soil. Try that with an AC-type fault locator.
US Patent #’s 4,697,137 & 4,233,561.
- Faults up to 20 Meg Ohm
- Over 2 amps of current available
- Automatic voltage control
- Up to 3 kV output
- Operates from 120V source, 12V external source, or 12V 7Ah rechargeable internal battery.
- Prevents cable and insulation damage
- Proof tests cables before returning them to service.
- 120V. Protection for hookups to live cables.